NCDC Strategic Plan
The strategic objectives of the Centre are but not limited to:
Vision statement: A holistic Curriculum for producing responsible Citizens equipped with productive skills
Mission: To develop curricula and instructional materials for equitable and quality education through research, innovation and stakeholder involvement.
Core Values: Teamwork, Integrity, Equity and Excellence (TIEE)
Theme: Working together for competence based curricula.
- Broad Objectives
a) To ensure delivery of relevant and quality education and training.
b) To improve quality and relevance of skills development.
2. Strategic Objectives
- To develop and review curricula and instructional materials focussing on inclusiveness, competencies and life skills with emphasis on science, at Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary levels and BTVET levels.
- To strengthen teaching and learning through in service teacher support programmes towards acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
- To integrate ICT in all curriculum processes and products.
- To improve guidance on assessment at Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary levels and BTVET levels.
- To provide relevant and up-to-date information for curriculum development.
- To enhance the institutional capacity of NCDC, for effective and efficient delivery of her mandate.
Key Priority Areas for the Strategic plan
- Curriculum improvement.
- Strengthen Curriculum interpretation and implementation support.
- Aiding students to learn better using ICT.
- Improve guidance on assessment.
- Research & knowledge management.
- Organisational and Institutional development including Strengthening STEPU.
Download NCDC Strategic Plan 2015/16 -2019/20 here