To assist the Head of Internal Audit in making independent and objective assurances that add value; and improve the Centre’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Auditing revenue collection for accountability purposes;
- Auditing procurement and payments in line with Procurement law and regulations, and NCDC Financial Regulations & Guidelines;
- Conducting manpower audit in line with the approved budget and work plans;
- Assisting Head internal audit in reviewing and advising on Council’s accounting systems in line with the internal controls;
- Monitoring the expenditure of Council in line with the budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Reviewing of working papers in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit.
- Preparing and forwarding engagement plans and budgets to Head of Internal Audit.
- Drafting of the audit findings and submitting them to Head of Internal Audit.
- Assessing risks in auditable units and assisting the Head Internal Audit in preparing a risk based work plan.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Minimum academic qualifications:
a) An Honours Bachelor’s degree in a business related course with Accounting or Auditing option from a recognized University or Institution plus at least level two of Professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized awarding Institution.
b) An Honours Bachelor’s degree in a business related course with Accounting or Auditing option from a recognized University or Institution plus an Accounting Technician Course (ATC).
c) A full professional qualification in accounting or Auditing from a recognised awarding institution.
At least two years’ experience in Internal Auditing, External Auditing or Finance Accounting.
- Analytical skills
- Risk identification, assessment and prioritisation
- Financial management;
- Information and Communications Technology
- Concern for Quality and Standards
- Ethics and Integrity
- Communication and report writing
- Time management
Salary Scale: CD 8.
Age Bracket: 25-50 Years
- Working papers reviewed in consultation with Head Internal Audit.
- Engagement plans prepared.
- Collection of Audit evidence from auditable units in line with agreed engagement plan done.
- Draft Audit findings and submit to the Head Internal Audit.